Valerie E. Patton
Executive Director, Saint Louis Business Diversity Initiative
As executive director for the St. Louis Business Diversity Initiative, Valerie Patton is responsible for the strategic direction and management of workforce diversity and inclusion for the business community in the St. Louis region through training, convening, and consulting. Pattonâ€™s work was featured in the May 2008 edition of Black Enterprise Magazine. She is leading, serving, and making a sustainable difference in the business community she serves.
Prior to being appointed in April 2002 to her current position, Patton served as Vice President â€“ Telephone Banking Change Management for Bank of America â€“ St. Louis and was responsible for the management of large projects as they related to sales and marketing initiatives in the call/contact centers.
Patton has held numerous management positions with Bank of America and Southwestern Bell:
- Vice President â€“ Supplier Diversity and Development, Midwest Region
- Vice President â€“ Network and Desktop Technology, Midwest Region
- Director â€“ Product Management (Advance Intelligent Network Products)
- rocess Specialist â€“ Information Systems.
She currently serves as an adjunct professor at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. She has also served as an adjunct instructor at Harris-Stowe State College and St. Louis Community College at Forest Park in the fields of management, accounting, information technology, and business administration.
Patton has received numerous awards and distinctions, including:
- Civil Service Commissioner, Metropolitan Sewer District of St. Louis
- 2010 Women of Achievement for Womenâ€™s Empowerment
- 2008 “St. Louis Business Journal’s” Most Influential Minority Business Leader
- 2005 Washington University in St. Louis George Warren Brown School of Social Work Danforth Urban Fellow
- 2000 MBE Coordinator of the Year, St. Louis Minority Business Council
- 2000 Special Leader in Business/Corporate, YWCA of Metropolitan Saint Louis
- 1992 â€“ 1993 Graduate of the FOCUS St. LouisÂ Leadership Program
- 1991 Graduate of the CORO Women in Leadership Program
- Recognized as â€œWomen Who Means Businessâ€ in the Minority Business News USA
Patton has served on numerous boards and committees and is currently on the board of directors for the United Way of Greater St. Louis, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, and the St. Louis Public School Foundation. She is also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.-St. Louis Alumnae Chapter and the LINKS-Gateway Chapter. She is active in the Howard University Alumni Club of St. Louis where she was a past president.
Patton is a native of St. Louis, Missouri and holds degrees from Washington University in St. Louis’ George Warren Brown School of Social Work (MSW) with an emphasis in Social and Economic Development, Webster University (MA), Howard University (BBA) and has done post-graduate studies in business management. Patton is single and enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, reading, sports, working out and helping others through enlightenment, engagement, empowerment, and influence.